Monday, October 27, 2008

Overheard in New York...


For those who haven't already discovered this gem of a site....
I am going to posting this on a Monday for those of you at work, who are all caught up on your blog reading and need a little more....you know who you are....


Overheard in New York: The Voice of a City is a sight where real people post real things they overheard...you guessed it, in New York.


Examples:

Mother with little girl: Excuse me. My daughter wants to know if you're a pirate.
Woman wearing bandana: No. I'm just a lesbian.

--Crema Restaurante, 17th & 6th

______________________________________________

Younger black man with suitcase: I just want you all to know that I am getting on the train with a suspicious package.
Older black man, not looking up from his newspaper: Nigga, that is the stupidest thing you could have said.

--Downtown 1 train

_______________________________________________

Shoeshine man to group of young people: It ain't natural. Our bodies, they have the hormones to digest meat. If we were like a goat--and not to insult you, miss, 'cause you're prettier than a goat--but then that's okay that we don't eat meat. But we ain't. We're carnivores. If you're a vegetarian, you gotta listen to your body. It's tellin' you: "Meat me!" You know, like, "Meat me!"

--Washington Square Park
______________________________________________

Upper-East-Side lady on cell: I know, but I was at a funeral all day...Yeah, it was sad, but I really didn't know him at all...This saddest thing was seeing his daughters upset. They're the same ages as--Wow! This shirt is only $19!! You can't even buy a freaking Frappuccino for $19! I'm getting it in blue.

--Banana Republic, 86th & 3rd

______________________________________________

Tourist mom: Oh, look, it's a rat! Come here kids, look, it's a rat!
Tourist kid: Eww, its gross!
Tourist mom: Remember this, this is an authentic New York City experience. See, aren't you glad we missed that subway?

--Bowling Green Station

______________________________________________

Overweight hobo: The only things I look forward to in life are mayonnaise and sex!

--57th & 7th



That last one was a Wednesday One-Liner. Oh, man it just goes on and on....and to make it extra funny, each post has its own witty title given by the site owner, I assume. Alright, go see for yourself.


2 comments:

elliesmadre said...

I've never heard of this site! But these are so funny.

LA RN said...

Funny shit! Maybe I should start an "Overheard in LA" post. It would be half as witty, twice as douchebaggy.