Tuesday, January 20, 2009

the perfect boots, part 2





They came! I was so excited, I was taking deep breaths to calm down. Blake decided to photo-document the experience....











I look beyond the composite sole, the plastic zipper, that only goes halfway up the boot...all I see is the lovely, crinkly leather and worthy traction. I give it a go.

But alas, I am like one of Cinderella's evil step-sisters, trying desperately to make the glass slipper fit.










Here I pout and try and justify keeping them: I can have them stretched and hope the stitching around the top holds, I am sure the plastic zipper with hold up better than expected.....maybe they will fit next year if I ever lose this baby-weight...


They are really gorgeous, aren't they? Oh, well.


I spent this weekend hanging out on Hawthorne street. I have decided I am the only women in the metro area that does not have an awesome, sexy, stylish pair of boots. I tried some on at Imelda's, there were some beauties to be had for sure, but most had heels, or wimpy soles, or were too narrow in the calf. You know, I really might not be able to find a pair until I lose this 25 pounds from the last pregnancy. When does that happen again?? It gets harder the older I get, I suppose, and its not just going to 'fall off' they way it did after I had Mayan (although I had to cut dairy and potatoes from my diet which cut my calorie intake way back.) I don't want to get into a whole weight complex, I can be patient and I know I will have to put more effort than ever into it this time (and likely for the rest of my life) but as of now, I'd really just like some boots to fit, and I'd be happy working around everything else. At this rate, the weather will be warming up by the time I find something. I think I will continue to hunt second-hand for something do-able, and pick up on the search for the TRUE PERFECT PAIR (Camper Camper Camper) next season with slimmer calves and a savings stash. This isn't over!

4 comments:

elliesmadre said...

Oh no! I'm so sad that the boots didn't work. They weren't worthy of you anyways. :) Call me back lady!

A said...

I have no sexy boots. Hell, I have no sexy anything. LOL So, no, you are not the only one in Portland who doesn't have sexy boots.

And quit the "the older I am the harder it is" bit....'cause if it is hard for you....I am *DOOOOOMED*. LOL

They are gorgeous boots. But clearly, you need boots that are even more gorgeous!!!

~Adina

Rebekah said...

Oh, the boot gods are holding something REALLY special back for you. SHAZAM! And lo, someday they will fall in your lap. Then...on to the perfect LBD. Or something...

And weight? Sigh...don't get me started. Wish I could join the Mama Nomad Celebrity Baby Ass-moving club.

radishly said...

Awe. You're still sexy.