Monday, April 27, 2009

Happy Goobie Day

Can someone explain to me how this happens? In the blink of an eye, your sweet, pulsing bundle of love-embodied-in-life goes from this:


...to this?Its almost to much for a mother to bear. Of course, you want to see your children grow and develop and succeed, but can't at least the last child stay a baby forever?


To distract ourselves from the shock and creeping melancholy of the fact that Georgie is ONE today, we took the kids to the zoo to frolick. In some ways Geo is still a baby, like when I see him here, happily hanging in the backpack, taking in the world with his eyes only.

But then when he is set on the ground and his explorer is set free, I am reminded that he is now a little boy. Look out, Goobie takes on the world!!

...or at least a carrot stick;)



Ah, my family. Dark silhouettes again the blue glow of life. Nothing stops. A mother can only desperately try and keep up...be open, be available, be observant...and take lots of pictures.

14 comments:

Lee said...

Happy Birthday, George!

korin said...

Happy Birthday George!

Happy happy homebirthing day mama!

And a fabulous post to boot. :)

LittleYogini said...

Yay! Mama Nomad is home! I can NOT believe how friggin BIG and CUTE George has gotten with his curly blond. Man, he looks like his mama!

I'm so happy your back! xo

hendreque said...

Happy Birthday George!!!

I can't believe how time flies!

Adina said...

I didn't realize that he was born the 27th! B's birthday is the 28th! LOL

Happy Birthday gorgeous boy! :D

Happy birthing day mama! :)

Amy said...

Happy George Day!

Oh...I think I forgot to blog a birthday post for my baby!

elliesmadre said...

Happy Happy Birthday George!! How are you holding up sweetie? I can't believe what a little kid he is now. Wow! :)

Nicole said...

Happy Birthday Georgie!
Where did the time go?
I know we were talking about it last night...blink of an eye.
He looks so much like his beautiful Mama....love to ALL of you.
N

Jdub said...

Ye Goobie is PRECIOUS

UrbanHippieMama said...

I'm so happy to get to read this post on my laptop (instead of my phone, where i usually read) because I can COMMENT easily! :) HAPPY BIRTHDAY, GEORGIE!! And, Happy Birthingday, Lovely Lou.

Marketing Mama said...

Happy Birthday! He's so cute. yes, I wish the little ones stayed little forever. Or at least a little longer. :)

Joi said...

Oh happy birthday George! I hope you guys had a great day! And why can't the last ones stay little longer??

Rebekah said...

Gorgeous family! And thanks for letting me be privy to your secret blog!

LA RN said...

He's such a little boy!!! Happy bday big George!!