Saturday, January 2, 2010

georgie gets a haircut

i have no clue how to handle curls. george's tight blond ringlets are turning into ratty, messy dreads, and it takes a lot of work to condition and brush them out every few days. i decided to take him to our regular stylist (rebecca at DO! rad cuts and color on SE 39th) and try my best to keep him still while she did her thing. honestly i didn't have to do anything, he gripped a teething biscuit and was so fascinated by the salon happenings around him that he sat still for 1/2 hour giving rebecca time to obsess on each lock. she told me how she never gets to spend much time on kids hair b/c they are wiggly, but georgie sat like a little man. and the best part is that the hair doesn't look much shorter, its still bouncy ringlets but there is less length so that means less tangles. i love my baby boy!

(ps all photos taken on my super awesome iPhone!!)





3 comments:

pjackson2009@charter.net said...

What a cool do. I bet if you spritzed it with water it would spring back into tight curls. That camera takes really clear photos. You are an awesome photographer too.

LittleYogini said...

Aw he has the sweetest curls. If you think he'll have them long-term and you're not sure how to handle 'em my girlfriend with curly hair showed me this book a while ago and I've recommended it to lots of people with curly hair.

http://www.amazon.com/Curly-Girl-Lorraine-Massey/dp/0761123008

Aimee said...

He's so beautiful and those curls! Ahhh! To die for!! Henry falls asleep when he gets his hair cut its so cute!