Monday, February 9, 2009

keep it simple

i have not felt inspired to blog lately. maybe its that i have not wanted to spend much itme in front of the computer--which is oh-so slow and my hands get really cold when i sit in my office area for too ling. but i think the main reason is that i was on a good roll for so long, doing semi-inspired posts at least once a week, and now i just don't have any great ideas to build on.

but why should YOU suffer because of that, readers? i know who most of you are--close friends, dear family. you don't need me to entertain you or knock your socks off. you just want to know what is up with the Nomad family. so without further ado here are some little tidbits of the week, complete with those faces you love and miss...



thursday, chemynne and athena drove out to stay the night and look at houses (their first night without Michael! or should we say his first night without them...he had to come home to a dark house with no dinner cookin') we had an awesome time, and got a real taste for what it will be like when they relocate here. driving around in the sub together, cookin', getting to know little "Theen-Bean." we are so excited.

sunday was the early stages of shed-demo. this piece of carp has got to go...to make room for the big spring project: the barn!

b and mg get their shovel on.eeeeew. standing water that has been here at least since we moved in 2 years ago. this was where they raised ducks. i don't have to tell you the stench was pretty awful. when a bunch of leaves and pine needles fell in from cleaning the roof it really kicked its fragrance up a notch!







but you did not come here to see rancid, standing poultry water, no siree. you came here to see beautufl things, like this:



aw, youbetcha, she's a cutie pie but watch out, she's really a ninja:
oh. here's another sweet face to love on:

need more? i gotcha covered:
"is he always this happy?", people always ask about george. the answer is "yes".....


"yes" .........and "yes."



Until next time, dear ones, and I will remember that is is better to keep it simple than to keep you waiting.

Love Mama Nomad

6 comments:

A said...

Adorable family, as usual! :D

~adina

Cat said...

I do facebook religiously. I LOVE reading your blog. I check frequently to see if it's been updated and love seeing new stuff. Sweet little faces:)

It's been way too long. What am I thinking not coming to visit?

Cat said...

I do facebook religiously. I LOVE reading your blog. I check frequently to see if it's been updated and love seeing new stuff. Sweet little faces:)

It's been way too long. What am I thinking not coming to visit?

Nicole said...

I hear ya sister!
Finding time, inspiration etc...tough sometimes.
I LOVE THE PICTURE OF C & A.
I just can't get enough of that.
Are you sure that you and George aren't in England? He has such beautiful chubby pink english cheeks.
My love to the fam. and a special hug to you for keeping the rest of us up to date.
XOXOXO

elliesmadre said...

Thanks so much for the simple, but lovely update! Yes, George is always happy. Unless, he is sitting with me in the backseat of the Suburban going to Battle Ground. lol

Love you all!

The Noble Fat N Happy One said...

lovin those pics. Mister G is such a happy little sugar lumpkin!!!